This is episode #010 of the Digital 100 show with your host Patrick Wagner
Episode #010 of the Digital 100 show and its all about my favorite Chromebook device and some great new options to turn any old laptop into a great Chromebook.
Learn how to buy or make one using an old laptop.
Two Great Options:
Buy a Chromebook
Use an old laptop
Option #1 – Buy a Chromebook
- Approx. cost $165 to $600
- Security & Updates & No crashes (#1)
- Battery Life (#2)
- Android apps will soon be playable on Chromebooks
- More than 200 offline Chrome apps that can work without Internet connectivity, including Gmail, Pocket and Google Drive, and tons of the Android apps coming soon.
- Google Assistant
Make an old laptop into a Chromebook
Approx. cost free software + USB
- Download free software at https://www.neverware.com/freedownload
- Take an Old USB and follow their instructions for putting their OS on the USB.
- Boot from USB ready to go.
For additional security: Ensure Chromebooks are connected to your VPN enabled router.
Comment or reach out on social media @patrickwagner – I’d be happy to answer any of your digital business, investing, bitcoin & crypto related questions with my videos.